TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your satisfaction is our #1 concern. We offer up to a 3 day arrive alive guarantee on all our livestock. However there are a few rules that must be followed. Please read through all 5 steps for a complete understanding.
1. If you had us ship your items to a Fedex/UPS center for pickup, you must pick up the package within 1 hour of package availability.
2. If there is an issue with your livestock (dead, stressed, wrong item, etc) you must take a clear photo of the item while still in the shipping bag and with the bag label visible. That photo(s) must be reported via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 hours of an on time delivery. Please include an explanation of the issue and your order number in the email. If a valid health related concern is reported per the instructions above we will extend the livestock guarantee time for 3 days. If you do not report an issue to us within 2 hours of an on time delivery, there will not be any continued arrive alive guarantee. Removing a frag from its mount will void the guarantee.
3. In the event that your coral or invert dies within the 3 day extended period we will require a color balanced and focused close up photograph that proves the claim. Please note the stoney corals will turn bone white when dead and soft coral will begin to breakdown and dissolve. A closed up soft coral is not necessarily a dead soft coral. We will replace the item that dies but you will be responsible for the shipping costs. Shipping costs for replacement coral and/or inverts is $50 which is our actual costs. If we do not have a replacement available you will be issued store credit for the amount paid for the item.
4. In the event that your fish dies within the 3 day extended period we require a focused close up photograph of the fish on a paper towel intact and then again with its head cut off. This may seem extreme and unnecessary but due to creative scams this is the only way we can be sure that the fish is dead. We will replace the item that dies but you will be responsible for the shipping costs. Shipping costs for a replacement fish is $50 which is our actual costs. If we do not have a replacement available you will be issued store credit for the amount paid for the item.
5. We do not refund shipping or livestock costs.
6. Shipping delays due to weather, mechanical failures, mistakes made by the shipping carrier or recipient etc will void our guarantee.
Welcome to the Cultivated Reef website. Except as otherwise noted herein, these terms and conditions (“the terms”) govern your use of the site. Please read these terms carefully, because your use of the site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not access or use the site. Cultivated Reef reserves the right to make changes to the site and to these terms from time to time. When we make changes, we will post them here. For this reason, we encourage you to review these terms whenever you use our site because by visiting the site, you agree to accept any such changes.
Cultivated Reef provides you with access to and use of the site subject to your compliance with the terms. No material from the site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except as specifically permitted on the site. The site, including all of its information and contents, such as text, data, wallpaper, icons, characters, artwork, images, photographs, graphics, music, sound, messages, software and the HTML used to generate the pages (collectively, “Materials and Content”), is Cultivated Reefs property or that of our suppliers or licensors and is protected by patent, trademark and/or copyright under United States and/or foreign laws.
Except as otherwise provided on the site or in these terms, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, modify, delete, add to, license, post, transmit, or distribute any Materials and Content from this site in whole or in part, for any public or commercial purpose without the specific prior written permission of Cultivated Reef. We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the site and to use the information and services contained here. We reserve the right, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to revise the products and services described on the site and to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the site, including, but not limited to, the Materials and Content on the site as well as features and/or hours of availability of the site, and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so. We may also impose rules for and limits on use of the site or restrict your access to part, or all, of the site without notice or penalty. We have the right to change these rules and/or limitations at any time, in our sole discretion.